The End of DACA

The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program seems to be in jeopardy of being shut down by next year due to a majority conservative Supreme Court.



Trump has gone on record of promising DREAMers protection under his administration while simultaneously stating that he would shut the program down. Now it seems as if the latter promise will come to fruition. The repercussions of such an act is almost certain: the more than 700,000 DREAMers who have done well and continue to do so will in fact hurt the country more than it would ever help. I am bias on this issue because I myself am a DREAMer. The prospect that I may lose something so vital for me to finally feel "normal" in this country is terrifying to me. I do have hope that there will be something good to come out of this, hopefully something even better.

The NPR Article

Comments